PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE.
USING THIS SITE INDICATES THAT YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS, DO NOT USE THIS SITE.
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change these terms at any time. Please check these terms periodically for changes. Using this Site following the posting of changes to these terms indicates that you accept them as changed.
a. GENERAL USE RESTRICTIONS.
All information, documents, products, services and other materials (the “Materials”) provided on this Site are the property and copyrighted work of nusenet usenet (“nusenet”) or a third party developer, author, manufacturer or vendor (the “Third Party Provider”).. Except as stated in these legal terms, none of the Materials may be copied, downloaded, reproduced, distributed, republished, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means, including but not limited to electronic, mechanical, photocopying or recording, without the prior express written permission of nusenetor the Third Party Provider. No part of this Site, including but not limited to any logo, graphic, sound or image, may be reproduced or retransmitted in any way, or by any means, without the prior express written permission of nusenet. You also may not, without nusenets’ prior express written permission, “mirror” any Material on any other server.
Except as stated in these legal terms, nothing on this Site shall be construed as conferring, by estoppel, implication or otherwise, any license to any intellectual property rights of nusenet or any Third Party Provider. You are responsible for obtaining any such license.
We can change these terms at any time by providing you at least 30 days’ prior notice of the change, whether via our website, via our mobile apps, by sending you an email or via any messaging service we provide. Your continued use after that notice means that you agree to the changed terms. If you have paid for a subscription that is due to expire after that 30 day notice period and you do not wish to continue to use our services under the new terms, you may terminate your subscription before the new terms come into force. We will then (but not otherwise) refund the unexpired portion of your subscription payment within 30 days and close your account.
With respect to any areas on this Site where users transmit or post communications, whether to nusenet, to each other or to third parties, including but not limited to forms, nusenet may, but is not obligated to, monitor or review the activity in such areas and/or the content of such communications. nusenet will have no liability related to the content of any such communications, whether or not arising under the laws of copyright, libel, privacy, obscenity or otherwise.
MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. Further, nusenet does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of any of the Materials. nusenet may change any of the Materials at any time without notice. The Materials may be out of date, and nusenet makes no commitment to update the Materials.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU DOWNLOAD OR OTHERWISE OBTAIN MATERIAL OR DATA THROUGH THE USE OF THE RAVEN SERVICE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF SUCH MATERIAL OR DATA.
d. USE AND ACCESS RESTRICTIONS:
This Site is owned and operated in the United States by nusenet. If you choose to access this Site from another country, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws. Any material from this Site is subject to United States export controls.
you agree that you are at least 18 (21 where required) years of age and have the legal right to possess adult material in your community. nusenet are not directed to individuals under the age of 18 and we do not knowingly collect information from anyone under 18. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information as soon as possible.
You agree that you are responsible for your own communications and for any consequences thereof. Your use of the Service is subject to your acceptance of and compliance with this Agreement, which acceptance is confirmed by creating an account or continued use of the nusenet services. You agree that
- you will use the nusenet service in compliance with all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules and regulations, including any laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from your country of residence. You shall not, shall not agree to, and shall not authorize or encourage any third party to:
- use the Service to upload, transmit, or otherwise distribute any content that is unlawful, defamatory, harassing, abusive, fraudulent, obscene, contains viruses, or is otherwise objectionable as determined by nusenet in its sole discretion;
- upload, transmit, or otherwise distribute content that infringes upon another party’s intellectual property rights or other proprietary, contractual or fiduciary rights or obligations; (iii) prevent others from using the nusenet service;
- use the nusenet service for any fraudulent or inappropriate purpose; or
- act in any way that violates any Service policies, as may be revised from time to time. Violation of any of the foregoing may result in immediate termination of this agreement, and may subject you to state and federal penalties and other legal consequences. nusenet reserves the right, but shall have no obligation, to investigate your use of the Service in order to determine whether a violation of this agreement has occurred or to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request.
f. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT WILL nusenet, ITS SUPPLIERS, OR THIRD PARTIES MENTIONED AT THIS SITE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RESULTING FROM LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) ARISING OUT OF THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE RESULTS OF USE OF THIS SITE, ANY WEB SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE, OR THE MATERIALS OR INFORMATION CONTAINED AT ANY OR ALL SUCH SITES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY AND WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS PROHIBIT THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Designation of Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA)
Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2), notifications of claimed copyright infringement should be sent to nusenet’ Designated Agent, details provided below.
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Designated Agent the written information specified below. Please note that this procedure is exclusively for notifying nusenet that your copyrighted material has been infringed.
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest.
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed upon.
- A description of where the material is located (i.e. IP address; URL) that you claim is infringing is located.
- Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address.
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
- As applicable under 17 U.S.C. 512(f), a statement by you that you acknowledge you may be subject to liability for damages if you knowingly materially misrepresent that material or activity is infringing.
g. USENET MATERIAL LIABILITIES
nusenet cannot be held responsible for any communications made through our services. Usenet, like all things online, contain materials that you may find offensive, including sexually explicit material, extreme religious and political views, by example. nusenet expressly disclaims liability for any harm resulting from encountering such material.
h. ACCOUNT RESTRICTIONS
Other than our block accounts, a nu membership is offered as a single user, personal account. Only the owner of the account should have access to their nusenet membership privileges and accepts full responsibility of their actions with them. If you share a nu account, find that you are responsible for an instance of inappropriate or abusive post, or we conclude that your account is being used for commercial purposes, nusenet will hold the account owner liable and is probable cause for termination. nusenet reserves the right to suspend or terminate your account at any time for any reason, and is not liable for any damage or loss resulting from such suspension or termination.
Commercial use of our system is unauthorized. Authorization is not granted to use our network, system, or data to perform any type of monitoring, probing, scanning, vulnerability testing, traffic monitoring, or article availability testing. Forging any part of the header information is prohibited. Violations of our system or network are prohibited and we will investigate and report such violations to law enforcement and seek prosecution.
i. CANCELLATION AND TERMINATION
You can cancel any nusenet subscription at any time by logging into your member dashboard and clicking the “Details” button on the service you would like to cancel, and then click on the “Request Cancellation” button. From that time on you will not be charged again any fees, but you will be able to use your account until the end of the current billing cycle that you already paid for it.
After requesting the cancellation and, once the current billing cycle is over, your account will transition to a “Cancelled subscription” status and you’ll no longer be able to enjoy your nusenet plan thus, losing access to all the included cool features and functions/